Replay: Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market Partners Update on NEXTGEN TV for CES 2021
- Anne Schelle; Managing Director for Pearl TV
- John Taylor; Senior Vice President of LG Electronics USA
- Gopal Miglani; President of BitRouter
- Bryan Dunbar; Vice President and CTO for The E.W. Scripps Company
- Catherine Badalamente; Vice President and Chief innovation officer for Graham Media Group
- Joe Fiveash; Vice President of Strategy and Media Solutions at the Watson Advertising and Weather Group of IBM
- Kerry Oslund; Vice President of Strategy and Business Development for The E.W. Scripps Company
June 3 & 17; July 1, 15 & 29; August 12 & 26 2020 from 1pm – 2pm EDT
HOW TO BUILD OUT A NEXT GEN TV STATION
Hosted by Pearl TV. Speakers include Dave Folsom, Pete Van Peenen, and Joe Cantrell on behalf of Pearl TV.
Pearl TV invites you to join their upcoming webinar series “Entry Level ATSC 3.0 Implementation Requirements and Capabilities” held bi-weekly June 3 through August 26. Based on the experience gained during the last two years of operating the Phoenix Model Market Station, this series of webinars will provide instruction to help station and technology management personnel in converting local markets to NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0.
Participants will be guided to a general operational knowledge of the standard as well as how it relates to service sharing on a NEXTGEN TV “host” station. The series will cover an overview of content security and service protection, broadcaster application, and framework and service profiles. Sessions will also be dedicated to encoding, packaging, gateway, encapsulation and signaling.
Participants are strongly encouraged to read the Phoenix Host Station Manual prior to attending webinars. Webinar registration is reserved for broadcasters and tech partners only.
June 3: Standing up a Host Station
June 17: ATSC 3.0 Layered Structure
July 1: Encoding & Packaging
July 15: Encapsulation, Signaling, and Gateway
July 29: HELD and NRT, Application, and Framework
August 12: ATSC 3.0 Implementation Requirements and Capabilities: Content Security
August 19: ATSC 3.0 Implementation Requirements and Capabilities: Service Protection
August 26: Host Station Configuration and Service Profile
May 15, 2019 WXYZ TV Studio
AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY SYMPOSIUM ON ATSC 3.0
The broadcast TV community has embraced Next-Gen TV technologies, and a transition to ATSC 3.0 is underway.
Next-Gen TV will be an extremely efficient method to reach millions of motorists with one broadcast, a useful functionality in future software-defined / connected vehicles.
Our mission is to educate and influence the automotive industry to take advantage of the opportunities, economics, understand the benefits and time sensitivity necessary for implementation.
Automotive-related topics to be covered:
- Introduce the new TV broadcasting systems
- Mobile back-seats Infotainment
- Smart-city connections
- Map data upgrades
- Software and firmware updates to automobiles, and more
In Partnership with: